Canon EOS 5D Mark IV Digital Camera (Body Only)
Continuing on in their legacy of powerful workhorse cameras, Canon has released the 5D Mark IV DSLR which is an outstanding still photography option and an able 4K-capable video machine. This multimedia maven offers a newly developed 30.4MP full-frame CMOS sensor paired with the DIGIC 6+ image processor in order to balance fine detail and resolution with low-light performance and sensitivity. It is able to work within a native range of ISO 100-32000, which can then be expanded to an impressive ISO 50-102400, for sharp, low-noise images in a variety of conditions. Along with these improvements to image quality, users will enjoy a performance boost across the board with an enhanced AF system, built-in Wi-Fi, NFC, and GPS, and much more.
30.4MP Full-Frame CMOS Sensor and DIGIC 6+ Image Processor In line with previous members of the main 5D series, the Mark IV attempts to balance high resolution with low-light performance with a newly developed 30.4MP full-frame CMOS sensor. This provides a beneficial increase in overall resolution without compromising on sensitivity. Additionally, thanks to the DIGIC 6+ image processor it is paired with, it offers impressive performance within a native range of ISO 100-32000, which can be expanded to ISO 50-102400.
High Density Reticular AF and Dual Pixel CMOS AF Systems Ensuring your subject is tack sharp, the 5D Mark IV incorporates an enhanced High Density Reticular AF system, which offers 61 phase-detect points, with all points sensitive to f/8 and 41 of which are cross-type. The center point can function down to -3 EV for working in extremely dim lighting. Compared to previous versions, this sensor has expanded vertical coverage of 24% on the peripherals and 8% in the center in order to better track and locate subjects in the frame.
DCI 4K Video Recording Designed for both professional stills shooting and video recording, the 5D Mark IV supports DCI 4K (4096 x 2160) resolution recording at up to 30 fps at 500 Mbps, along with Full HD 1080p shooting at 60 fps and HD 720p at 120 fps for slow motion playback. When recording in-camera, 4K video has 4:2:2 sampling and 8-bit color depth, while Full HD 1080p footage has 4:2:0 sampling. Uncompressed Full HD 1080p video can also be saved via HDMI to an optional external recorder with 4:2:2 color sampling. 4K video is recorded using a central 4096 x 2160 area of the sensor at a 1.74x crop in order to record video with an ideal 1:1 pixel sampling ratio, while Full HD recording makes use of the entire full frame.
Dual Pixel RAW First implemented here on the 5D Mark IV, Dual Pixel RAW allows photographers to record all the information the sensor's unique pixel architecture can deliver, providing a way for fine adjustments to be made after the image is taken. These adjustments include focus fine tuning that can help you ever-so-slightly adjust the focus point to bring out extra details, shift bokeh around for improved composition, and reduce the impact of ghosting on your photos. This requires the use of Canon's Digital Photo Professional 4.5 software.
Body Design Features
- A large 3.2" 1.62m-dot Clear View II LCD monitor is available and features an anti-reflective design for bright, vivid image playback and live view shooting, and its touchscreen interface can be used for intuitive touch-to-focus control and adjusting settings in the menus.
- A dedicated AF mode selection button located beneath the rear joystick offers another avenue for accessing settings, allowing for fast, intuitive access to commonly changed options.
- Dual CompactFlash and SD memory card slots allow you to extend your file saving capabilities by permitting overflow recording or in-camera file type separation while shooting.
- An Intelligent Viewfinder II uses a pentaprism design and offers a bright means for viewing. When using the viewfinder, AF points are highlighted in red for greater visibility in low-light conditions, and the finder can also be configured to display a range of other shooting aids, such as an electronic level, grid, flicker detection, white balance, metering mode, AF information, and other settings.
- A Mirror Vibration Control System helps to minimize mechanical vibrations in order to better ensure sharpness during long exposures or fast continuous shooting bursts.
- A robust magnesium alloy body design is both dust- and weather-sealed to permit working in harsh environments.
Other Camera Features
- A built-in GPS module allows you to geotag imagery in-camera as well as auto time sync with the Universal Time Code via satellites. This module is compatible with American GPS, Russian GLONASS, and Japanese quasi-zenith Michibiki satellites for a wide coverage of support.
- Digital Lens Optimizer technology compensates for a range of optical defects from various lenses, including chromatic aberration, distortion, peripheral brightness, and diffraction, and the camera can store lens data in order to avoid having to re-register lenses prior to each use. The camera can handle this process in real time, delivering JPEGs with the corrections already applied.
- A built-in intervalometer permits the creation of time lapse imagery and supports recording 1-99 consecutive frames in pre-selected intervals from 1 second to 99 hours 59 minutes and 59 seconds. Users can also choose to set the camera to unlimited frames.
- Built-in Wi-Fi and NFC connectivity enable wireless sharing, control, and image transfer with a compatible smart device as well as the CS100 Connect Station.
|Model||CANON EOS 5D Mark IV|
|Type||Digital, AF/AE single-lens reflex, camera|
|Storage||CF card Type I drive (Type II and Microdrive non-supported.) UDMA Mode 7 supported. CFast cards cannot be used. SD, SDHC and SDXC memory cards UHS-I supported. MultiMediaCards (MMC) cannot be used (results in error). UHS-II not supported. If a UHS-II card is used, it may be slower than a UHS-I (depends on the card specifications).|
|Effective Pixels||Pixels Approx. 30.4 megapixels Pixel Unit Approx. 5.36 µm square Total Pixels Approx. 31.7 megapixels|
|Continuous Shooting||With the AF mode set to One-Shot AF and the Image Stabilizer turned off when using the following lenses: EF 300mm f/4 L IS USM, EF 28-135mm f/3.5-5.6 IS USM, EF 75-300mm f/4-5.6 IS USM, EF 100-400mm f/4.5-5.6L IS USM. In AI Servo AF operation, the continuous shooting speed may become slower depending on the subject and the lens used. If you use Battery Pack LP-E6 and shoot in low temperatures (battery temperature is low), the high-speed continuous shooting speed may become slower. The continuous shooting speed may become slower if the remaining battery level is low or if you shoot under low-light conditions. Low-speed continuous shooting: Max. approx. 3.0 fps Silent continuous shooting: Max. approx. 3.0 fps|
|Movie||Complies with Design rule for Camera File System 2.0 and EXIF 2.3|
|LCD Type||TFT color, liquid-crystal monitor|
|Battery||Battery Pack LP-E6N (or LP-E6)|
|Dimensions||Approx. 5.93 x 4.58 x 2.99 in. / 150.7 x 116.4 x 75.9mm|
|Weight (Body Only)||Approx. 31.39 oz. / 890g (Including battery, CF card and SD memory card) Approx. 28.22 oz. / 800g (Body only; without battery, card, body cap and eyecup)|